The Potter and The Clay

Imagine a beautiful china teacup saying: "I wasn't always like this. There was a time when I was just a cold, hard, colourless lump of clay. One day the potter picked me up and said, 'I could do something with this.' Then he started to put pressure on me and change my shape. I said, 'What are you doing? That hurts. Stop!' But he said, 'Not yet.' Then he put me on a wheel and began to spin me around and around until I shouted, 'Let me off.' He replied, 'Not yet.' Then he shaped me into a cup and put me in a hot oven. I cried, 'Let me out of here. I'm suffocating.' But he looked at me and said, 'Not yet.' When he took me out, I thought his work on me was over, but then he started to paint me. I couldn't believe what he did next. He put me back into the oven, and I said, 'I can't stand this, please let me out!' But he said, 'Not yet.' Finally he took me out of the oven and set me on a shelf where I thought he had forgotten me. Then one day he took me off the shelf and held me up before a mirror. I couldn't believe my eyes. I had become a beautiful teacup that everyone wants to buy."

There are things going on in our lives that sometimes we don't understand, but then we realize that God has been making us into a vessel He can use, bless, and use to bless others.

Dear God i allow you to shape me and mould me according to Thy will.

"we are the clay and you are our Potter".-Isaiah 64:8

Comments

anne said…
Nice post keep it up!
Reanaclaire said…
I love the song too.. You are the Potter, I am the clay, mould me refill me.. this is what I pray..
LV said…
Hi girls! Thanks so much for appreciating this post.

To God be the glory! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Why green schools benefit your kids - and the environment

The Benefits of Online Education

Christian Job Search Online