Give your worries to God

I can't find words to describe my feelings today. We're facing financial problem and i really don't know how to handle it this time. I was worrying too much until i found this article from The Vine. This made me realize that God is up there and that He promised to lift my spirit and help me carry my burden. Here's the story:

One day a lady said to her chronic worrier friend, "Do you realise that 80% of the things you worry about never happen?" "See," her friend replied, "worry works!" Seriously, Jesus said, "Don't get worked up about what may… happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever… come[s] up" (Matthew 6:34 TM). Worry doesn't rid tomorrow of its sorrows, it just robs today of its joy. Plus when you make a mountain out of a molehill you end up having to climb it. A salesman who usually drove an old car and wore outdated clothes turned up at his office one day in a designer suit, driving a BMW. "What happened?" his buddy asked. "Remember how I used to worry about everything?" he said, "Well, I hired a team of professional worriers; now I tell them my problems and they do all my worrying while I go out and sell." "How much do they charge?" his friend asked. "$5,000 a week," he replied. "How can you afford that?" his buddy asked. Smiling he replied, "That's their worry, not mine!"

Wouldn't you like to have somebody to handle all your worries? You do; His name is Jesus, and He said, "If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens… I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28 CEV). God promised, "As your day is, so shall your strength… be" (Deuteronomy 33:25 AMP). That's because He only gives us today's strength for today's needs. Remember, it's impossible to wring your hands and roll up your sleeves at the same time. So instead of wasting today worrying about tomorrow, "Give… your worries… to God" (1 Peter 5:7 NLT), and get busy living the life He gave you to enjoy!

Dear Lord I just leave everything to you. You have done so much for me in the past and i know that you will keep on blessing me. I know there's no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than You. Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight.

Praise be to God in the highest!

Comments

faeryrowan said…
I totally agree with you. Worrying just takes the fun out of everyday life. We all just need to lift everything up to God and trust that He'll take care of it in good time. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Why green schools benefit your kids - and the environment

The Benefits of Online Education

Christian Job Search Online